Friday, April 3, 2009

C'mon Wings, Pull It Together

Well there's not too many folks out there that are bigger Red Wings fans that me. But I've gotta say....they're not looking that good.

Last night's game against the Blues, they gave up 5 goals....again!

They sit 20th in the NHL for goals against - not good.

It doesn't look like they've really decided on a goaltender either. I know it's not unrealistic to have more than one goalie take the net during playoffs, but they're too inconsistent right now.

In my opinion, they need to give Osgood more playing time. He helped the Wings win a Cup last season - he should be your guy, and he should have been playing the vast majority of the games in March.

I'm kind of venting right now, but even though they're sitting in a comfortable 2nd place in the Western Conference, I'm just not seeing the level of cohesiveness that I'm accustomed to seeing. Where's the defense?

Anyway, I think they can definitely repeat, but they're going to have to step it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment